Sunday, August 25, 2013

1-D. When either husband or wife is a Korean and the other is a foreigner who stays overseas

Even in the event a foreign spouse does not stay in Korea, it is possible to get a divorce by the immediate mediation for foreigners system of the Family Court if they agree to get a divorce; provided, however, that in order for the foreign spouse to get a divorce without coming into Korea, he/she should appoint a Korean lawyer as his/her attorney-in-law who should be present at the court on the date of such immediate adjustment, together with the Korean spouse, for confirmation of his/her intention to get a divorce.